Thursday 20 May 2010

As Young As . . . Take 2

[Wearing a flowery summer dress and a smile. Approaches the bar, leans on the rail to get a bit of height]

Jess: Hi, can I get a chicken burger and a lemonade please?
Girl: Have you got any ID?

Scenario 1] The Way it Could Have Gone:

Jess: Are you being serious? This is a fucking joke right? I'm 20 years old!
Girl: If you can't provide any identification I'll have to ask you to leave,
Jess: For a LEMONADE??

Scenario 2] The Way it Should Have Gone:

Jess: I don't need to show you any ID; I'm not attempting to purchase an alcoholic drink and even if I was and you thought I was sixteen it would be perfectly legal for me to do so as I'm with three 'adults'. If you thought I was fifteen then I would be well within my rights to purchase this meal as I'm actually seated in the designated children's area, with, again, the two adults from my UNIVERSITY FLAT. Oh yeah, and I only want a lemonade!

Girl: Fair point. I really am just a stupid power-tripping blonde bitch aren't I?
Jess: Yeah, just a tad.

Scenario 3] The Way It Went:

Jess: [handing provisional licence over the bar, muttering under breath...] Gaaaaaay!
Girl: [narrowing eyes] Here's your change.

So, on a brighter note, in the past few months I've gone from looking fourteen to fifteen. Soon I'll nearly be legal at this rate.

No comments:

Post a Comment